6.17.2014

I Danced

The other night my husband and I went cruising down the highway with our sunroof open and blaring our favorite music. Destination unknown. Then, while traveling through one of my favorite little towns, I suggested that we stop and have some tea at one of our favorite French bakeries. We sat in a central courtyard and enjoyed the sounds of small children splashing in a nearby water fountain. While enjoying sips of tea and conversation, I told the hubs that I wanted to poke my head into one of my favorite vintage boutiques...just to see if they had anything interesting.

We strolled across the courtyard and into the store. With my to-go tea in my left hand, I began to rummage through the racks with my right. I found a mint condition, black, cropped leather jacket originally from Wilsons. It fit like a glove. I took my jacket over to the wrap desk to finalize my purchase, when the sales associate said, "Would you like to take advantage of our Buy One Get the Second 1/2 Off?" I went back to peruse the store once again when I spotted an adorable skirt in black. I carried it to the dressing room (passing my husband who sat comfortably in a chair outside the fitting room) and said, "I'm going to try this on real quick." He looked up from his phone as a form of acknowledgement. I slipped the skirt on and squealed in delight. It was so cute and flouncy. It made me want to dance! Out of the dressing room I came to show my husband. I twirled around and did a few side steps. Yep...I danced right in the middle of the store for anyone watching to see! My husband just smiled and said, "I guess that's coming home too?" I said, "With it being 1/2 off, it's only $9.00." He said nothing more. Went to the cash register and finalized the deal.

Today's Look: Skirt by Max Studio from The Grove Vintage (similar on Shopstyle), Tank Top in Pearl Linen from Loft, Cross-body purse by Perlina, Sandals by Nine West Limited Edition Vintage America Collection.




On this day, I can hear The Jacksons singing Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) in my head. The cut and design of my new skirt, with the tiered elastic bands, encourages me to move. Standing on top of the music notes, I sway and flip my skirt to my own musical serenade. I'm having fun! (Tweet this) Having fun in fashion is of the utmost importance. You should feel like strutting your stuff in your clothing!


What makes you want to dance? Is it the beat of a great song, a drop-dead gorgeous pair of shoes...or the movement of a garment? Do share, I would love to know what gets you off your seat{wink}

ps. I actually did dance with the Jackson family at the premier party for the Jackson Family Dynasty that my husband was the sound engineer for. Here are some pictures of us with Jackie and Tito. I wanted to get one of Marlon but he left early (sad face).
Myself, Jackie Jackson and my husband Freddy

Tito Jackson and the two of us


I would love to have you stay connected by clicking one of these links:
bloglovin  or  Google+  or  email  or  Pinterest  or  Instagram

Link Up:
Lisa ala Mode
Photos by Freddy

46 comments:

  1. I love the Jacksons - and your outfit! ;-)

    Alicia
    spashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! It was an awesome event.

      Delete
  3. Music makes me dance, especially Cuban music. I love your swishy skirt! What a great find and a steal of a deal!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I love Cuban music. Yep, 9 bucks. I love it too.

      Delete
  4. Stop teasing me! Love the skirt, and you know I love.. love.. love... those shoes.... You look adorable, and I love the story.... :) Life is grand when you are married to your best friend... woop.. woop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a husband that sits calmly while you try things on?? Where did you find him?? I just love your skirt. What a find! Oh the Jackson's. The soundtrack of my youth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie I find that his phone makes a great babysitter :)

      Delete
  6. What a fun skirt! You can't NOT dance to the Jacksons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely skirt and I can understand why you feel like dancing in it. It is same with me, some dresses or skirts make me whirl around in a dance, they seem to be made exactly for this - dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often wonder if designers have that in mind when they design certain skirts.

      Delete
  8. That is such a lovely skirt on you and the price was awesome. Reggae & Soca music make me dance no matter where I happen to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Neti, those sounds would get me moving too!

      Delete
  9. Your shopping sounds like shopping in the dreams. Everything fits immediately. Then even better offers come to this. And then the price!? Can not believe it .. $ 9! It's a gift!
    You look gorgeous in it!! Every woman transforms to a little girl in this kind of skirts ;)))))

    Dana
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say, I rarely find items that fit just right. Thank you Dana!

      Delete
  10. You look lovely! Sounds like you all had an awesome time + your husband is awesome does he have a single brother? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie, yes it was a fun event. Sorry girl, my husband's brothers are married.

      Delete
  11. $9 is a great deal for a lovely skirt. Can't wait to see the jacket you found too!

    Sonya
    Saving Everyday With Sonya K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute story and the skirt would make me want to dance too! You wore it perfectly!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Glenda! you couldn't leave that skirt in the shop! That was waiting for you...and if a skirt has such an effect on a woman...it's just her skirt!! :-)
    p.s.
    It fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely story Glenda and the skirt is just a dream! Your heels are to die for girl! Loving the first pic of you it's gorgeous!
    hugs darling
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool story, and with a surprise at the end. I was wondering why the faces looked familiar. I can still remember receiving my first J5 record. Must have been around 1970. I was thrilled! I mean Thrillered! Sorry, had to do it.
    Cute skirt but I want to see the jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Joni, I see what you did there :) I remember when J5 was in the Rose Parade and I ran down the street chasing after the float...me and a ton of other little girls.

      Oh yes, the perfect leather jacket. It probably won't make an appearance for some time. Since summer began months ago here in Cali.

      Delete
  16. You looked like you were having a BALL and yes, you must have fun with fashion! Thanks for joining the link up this week!
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely day! Everything always seems to fall into place when you have a lot of time & no destination! Lovely blog. Looking forward to more. (:

    ♥ | www.connect-the-cloths.com | xoxo
    http://blogspotter.co/connect-the-cloths/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hah, that's a great story, you gotta love those impromptu trips that can lead you anywhere :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very cool story, and your outfit is perfect for dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! I can't wait to take it out on the dance floor :)

      Delete
  20. Glenda. I love that skirt and how it affects your mood. I do find that with certain clothes, also.
    I love that skirt, and the ways it whirls and twirls! It is perfect for dancing - anywhere you hear music!
    can't wait to see the jacket, and that is totally cool you had that Jackson experience!
    Your husband must love his work !
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Elle, I know when an item is coming home with me because it speaks to my mood. I can't wait to wear the jacket either :)

      And yes, my husband loves his work...and so do I. Great perks!

      Delete
  21. Rats... I remember commenting on this post, but cannot find it anymore. Strange...
    I remember saying you inspired me to take my black skirt out of the closet as well.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't remember seeing it. Thanks for coming back. I think I have at least 10 black skirts and each one has its own personality.

      Get your skirt out and dance!!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it really means a great deal for me to connect with my So What to Twenty friends. I hope you subscribed via email or by social media - I wouldn't want you to miss anything on our True Style journey. Stay True, Glenda